Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hello Fascination- Breathe Carolina



I've never been a fan of Breathe Carolina as I've always thought their music was musically challenged and over-rated. Hello Fascination changed that opinion. Titled after one of the songs, Hello Fascination shows people that Breathe Carolina can change their style and have a positive outcome.

Kyle Even and David Schmitt, the masterminds behind the album create lyrics that have hidden meanings. In "Dressed Up To Undress", you may be thinking the artists are creating a cute song to a girl about how she doesn't need to dress up for a date, or you could be thinking "This is just a nice way of saying "Let's fuck."
"I Have To Go Return Some Video Tapes" is extremely violent and angry. "[...]I want you to know I've been in your apartment. This is the instrument I split your head apart with. It's not the first time I've had the impulse. Unwrap your skin and axe off your limbs [...]"
Creepy, no?

I enjoyed this album and the catchy tunes Breathe Carolina concocted.

No comments:

Post a Comment