Sunday, November 8, 2009

Brand New Eyes- Paramore



"I was like, 'This isn't a feel-good song, because I'm writing about something I'm going through right now, and it's still painful, and I confused that with actually not liking the songs, when actually I was prouder of them than I've ever been before. They're heavier emotions for me... I'm still going through some of this stuff, and these songs are really healing to me." (Quote from Singer Hayley Willians)

Brand New Eyes shows fans the heartfelt side of Paramore, the side we saw some of in their past album All We Know Is Falling. Not only are there angry and passionate lyrics such as “The angles were wrong, now she’s ripping wings off of butterflies”, but vocalist Hayley Willams has exposed a whole new range of her voice. “All I Wanted Was You” and “Turn It Off’ show just how high Hayley’s voice can go. Paramore decided to name the record Brand New Eyes because of the decision to sees things from a whole new perspective. "Just trying to let go of whatever we might have struggled with the past and just see each other in a new way," explained Williams. In the first week, Brand New Eyes sold 175,000 copies and entered the Billboard 200 at No. 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment